Art, History and Culture ~ Impressionism and Forward
May 21-29, 2013
We’ve created a one of a kind art, history, and culture trip guided by our very own art historian & accomplished artist! This cultural adventure will take us through the renowned streets and museums of Paris and on to Giverny, the home and inspiration for the world’s most famous impressionist, Claude Monet.
Email us to see daily itinerary and/or to ask questions at email@example.com
- 8 nights/9 days of beauty throughout Paris, the French countryside, Vernon, & Giverny
- 6 nights Paris/ 2 nights Vernon/Giverny
- Charming boutique style accommodations throughout
- Breakfast everyday
- 5 lunches, 2 dinners included
- Historical Bus tour throughout Paris
- Evening boat ride on the Siene (a poetic way to enjoy the sparkling beauty of Paris by night!)
- Musee D’Orsay (See the precursers of impressionism, its’ development and flowering, and its successors, the post impressionists, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne, Seurat, etc. and on to the early 20th century masters including Matisse, Braques and Picasso)
- Picnic Lunch in the Tuilleries, just across the Seine (likened to New York’s Central Park, large and full of attractions)
- Explore Las Puces (The famous Parisian flea market where you can find everything!)
- Explore the Louvre on your own or with our art historian!
- Visit l’Orangerie (Walls pulsating with magnificent, huge water lily paintings that Claude Monet executed in his 80s)
- Opportunity to learn travel sketching by our artist teacher and guide!
- Enchanting experience throughout Monet’s gardens in Giverny (photograph, sketch, & stroll through the home and garden that inspired his breathtaking works)
- Guided tour of Impressionism Museum (Extraordinary gardens!)
- Beautiful drive through the French countryside (Experience the flavor of a local village, shop in the village market and have a potluck picnic lunch in a beautiful spot)
- Free day to explore Paris on your own or with one of our guides.
Transfers, Taxes, & Fees includedAirfare is not included but we will help you find a good flight!Roommate Pairing to save money as always! As always we will pair those up with roommates who wish to save money and share a room.
Single Supplement: (for people who don’t wish to share a room) $899.00
Refundable Deposit: $1225.00
Prices are based off the current Euro exchange rates and are subject to change with currency fluctuations upon final payment.
Contact Judith for more informationwomen in the Garden by Claude Monet