Los Zacatitos, Mexico

sandy beach

2015  WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

JANUARY 23-27        Watercolor/Plein Air
or The Posada Real, depending on preference of early registrants.

FEBRUARY 13-17     Working with the Model—-Loosely
Figure Drawing and/or Sculpture

FEBRUARY 27-MARCH 1  SCULPTURE
Optional, March 2, 3

Outdoor Sculpture and garden accessories in cast stone and/or simple flexible moldmaking from your clay or cast stone original

MARCH 14-18   Watercolor/Plein Air
or San Jose del Cabo, The Posada Real, depending on preference of early registrants.

MARCH 20-25   ARTS RETREAT
No instruction: a chance for artists, writers, photographers, etc. to work on their own–or not–and enjoy companionship, discussion, and feedback of others if desired.

Los Zacatitos is a tranquil community near the southern tip of the Baja peninsula 8 miles from San Jose del Cabo on the East Cape. We can walk to our pristine beach with a bay great for swimming, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking (we have some on the beach) walking, and just relaxing in the negative ions. We have miles of often deserted beautiful beaches and, in February and March, the whales.

Los Zacatitos Workshops take place at Casa Corazon, a small retreat center in a lush desert garden abundant with birds (and an occasional wild burro)

Casa Corazon Retreat Center may be enjoyed by artists, writers, photographers, lovers of water, whales, birds, and simple living surrounded by nature, whenever space is available.

Accommodations at Casa Corazon:

There are 2 guest bungalows, each with 2 double beds, and 2 large tents with beds.
We have hot showers, flush toilets, wi-fi, a patio with barbecue/fire pit where we often cook and enjoy evenings around the fire, and a terrace with magnificent sunset views. Casa Corazon has both indoor and outdoor  living, dining, and working spaces. There is space for an RV.

Cost: Palapa Bungalows
Participants: Workshops and Artist Retreat & roommates:
$35 USD / night per person/double occupancy,  $50 night/single
(extended stays possible at this price).
Non workshops participants:
$40 USD / night per person/double occupancy,  $50 night/single

Large stand up Tent
$15 USD / night per person/double occupancy,  $20 night/single
There is also space for your RV or camper

Other Accommodations for our Mexico Art Vacation workshops in Los Zacatitos: Guest rooms and houses on or near the beach, some in easy walking distance to the workshops. (earliest registrants have the most choices)  There is free beach camping nearby with good parking places. Some spots feature shade palapas on the beach.

6 Responses to Los Zacatitos, Mexico

1. Joanna Qureshi says:

Hallo Judith – we met last Friday at life drawing. Roberta has told me about your workshop coming up in February. I’m definitely interested but wonder about accommodation. Could you give me some advice here. I have a good deal of osteo-arthritis, so my mobility is a little limited. I understand that there are hotels in the nearest town. Can one get a ride from a hotel to Casa Corazon? I’m looking forward to hearing from you. Joanna. Sorry, this isn’t really a comment!

2. admin says:

Hi Joanna,I remember you well! I loved my time in Qualicum and really enjoyed the drawing session and all the great people I met. Did you see the info and dates about the figure drawing workshop at my Baja Calif. retreat February 8-12? That is the workshop that Roberta and Judith and maybe Sheena are coming to. There is one bungalow left for one or 2 people. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to register and reserve that space. Otherwise, other places nearby will be available. I can be reached for the next two weeks at 707-937-0430. After that, it will be 707-206-7472 or SKYPE/grnleaf Or give me your info and the best time to call. warmly, Judith

3. admin says:

Hi again Joanna, No transportation from hotel, but varied accommodations available in the area of the workshop. What exactly do you need to be comfortable?? You can call me so we can discuss this in more detail 707-937-0430

4. Judith Crichton says:

Hi Judith

Roberta and I are starting to look at flights and need some info

Do we fly into Cabos San Lucas and get a shuttle to San Jose del Cabo?
    What is the name of the hotel you suggested which will give us a good price.

Having never flown into this area am not familiar.

Thanks Looking forward to the trip

Judith

5. Elouise says:

I see a lot of interesting content on your website.
    You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work, there is a tool
    that creates unique, SEO friendly articles in couple of seconds, just
    search in google – k2 unlimited content

6. Lakesha says:

I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend a
    lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool
    that creates unique, google friendly articles in minutes, just type in google – laranitas free content source